September 15, 2009

Day 1 - The Bed Bugs Strike







God know how I got them inside my home.
But these buggers were discovered on two separate bedrooms on September 6th.
I was absolutely horrified!

For a long time I thought they were mosquito bites.
But, this particular bed was teeming with these rascals.
DId a quick bed check, and we found another infected bed.

I promptly threw the beds and mattresses in the backyard. These bugs were crawling all over my lawn. Sprayed them with RID that I got from Walmart. Thought the sun would kill them, but on further research they wilt under scorching heat or freezing weather. The furniture was all gone. Two of the twin mattresses lay in the sun for the next 4 - 5 days.

Not a good Sunday I must say. My research just begun...lots of reading.

Gives me the heebie jeebies to go back to the scene of them crawling over the bed. To imagine that they had an unaware host for almost a year.

Darn, these suckers deserve to be nuked!


No comments:

Post a Comment