September 20, 2009

Chinchilla Dust Does work or does not work????


Captured a bed bug, looks like a nymph. It has been sitting comfortably in a
ziplock bag of Chinchilla Dust with no ill effects...almost 30 hours now.

Will need to experiment if DE works. Any local store that carries DE or I have to order it online?

BTW the next gen bed bugs are hitting our home now - and I can tell this problem  is here for the long haul. Seriously considering monitors.

 There was a posting recommending Chinchilla in the New York Times blog site discussion on bed bugs - see below for the verbatim writeup.
I found it easily at petsmart (locally) and it seems to me shares properties with DE, but is less toxic.




---------------

I'm a former pest control guy and public health inspector in the Seattle area. I
have expertise that you will not find so easily and here's what I would do.
This is my own personal discovery and you will not get this information from
anyone else no matter how expert. You can treat your whole house, furniture,
everything for about 10 bucks. Use chinchilla dust bath. It's made of
diatomaceous earth and it kills anything with an exoskeleton, roaches, fleas,
bedbugs, yellowjacks, you name it. You can buy it at a pet store. Sprinkle it or
puff it with condiment squeeze bottle or something similar, work it in with a
wisk broom, vacuum the excess and you've nailed them. Don't hire an expensive
pest control firm that will spray toxic chemicals.
My method is better, cheaper, safer and effective. Sprinkle some on your dog too
and you'll save money on your flea control problems too.I can hear you going
"huh, chinchilla dust bath?" Yes, chinchilla dust bath.
— Zac Segal


1 comment:

  1. I will test what you said, I really hope it does work as you said. Well, testing time :)

    I'll come later back and post some feedback.

    ReplyDelete